How to increase your success in Horizon 2020?
Monday, 7 September, 13:30-15:00 Hall 10A
With a total budget of €70 billion, Horizon 2020 is one of the key sources of funding for biomedical research. Its programmes cover the full spectrum of R&D: from very fundamental research (i.e. ERC) to highly applied R&D (e.g. Fast-Track to Innovation and Eurostars). The recent excessive subscription rates challenge researchers to further improve their grant writing skills and focus their efforts on proposals that have a true chance of success.
Speaker: Jasper Levink, partner at ttopstart BV, NL
Target audience: Scientists with previous experience in grant writing
In this training, ttopstart will discuss key best practices as derived from the first Horizon 2020 rounds.
The training will cover:
- How can ttopstart's methodologies help me to better structure the grant preparation process? (includes the FFWD methodology)
- How can I better structure my proposal such that it is accessible, interesting and convincing? (includes Minto's Pyramid Principle)
- How can I optimally present the impact of my proposal?
- What are key do's and don'ts when building a sound (hypothesis-driven) project strategy / work plan?
- What relevant topics will be covered in the 2016-2017 Horizon 2020 programme?
- What international funding opportunities are available other than Horizon 2020?
More information about ttopstart's subsidy services can be found here.
ttopstart is a science and business consulting company that serves leading researchers and innovative companies in the fields of life sciences and medical technology. They acquire funding for cutting-edge research and development, co-create commercialisation strategies and conduct detailed market assessments. Their driver is the contribution to development of innovations that can strongly advance healthcare, such as diagnostics and treatments for a wide range of diseases with unmet medical needs.
Their services include:
- Development and writing of applications for national and international subsidies (i.e. Horizon 2020, IMI, ERC, NIH, Wellcome Trust, etc);
- Development and writing of professional business plans to drive the commercialisation of research outcomes;
- Design of winning business models and routes-to-market;
- Market research and analysis.
Some of ttopstart's key achievements:
- ttopstart has supported > 70 front-running consortia across Europe and has acquired almost €200 million for its clients;
- Their involvement increases success rates 3-4 times compared with a priori chances of success;
- ttopstart supported multiple successful ERC StG, CoG and AdG grants as well as 14 successful ERC PoC grants;
- ttopstart supported Europe's #1 in the 2012 and #2 in the 2014 Eurostars call and the first ever IMI proposal to score #1 in both the scientific and the industrial panel;
- They have supported the establishment and growth of > 40 highly innovative companies.